Monday, July 11, 2011

Lunch with a good friend

So, I haven't seen my friend Pat Solomon in probably a year or more, yeah we used to see each other weekely but she moved to Payson.  I drove to Payson to have lunch and catch up.  We had yummy food at Macky's Grill in Payson and good conversation.  Pat is one of those people who like to have the server bring her dessert with her lunch.  She had a very tasty looking slice of berry pie.  I'm going to have to learn to take more pics and how to load them to this blog.  I had a large slice of apple pie and had the server bring it with my lunch too.  I have to say, I did not eat my pie until I finished my 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup.  :)  I left Pat and drove to Pine to pick up an ironstone water pitcher (which is part of a bowl and pitcher set) that had a fractured handle (when I say fractured, I mean fractured!) and this darling lady named Shirley repaired it for me.  Now mind you, she has had the pitcher since January!  If I had not seen the fractured pieces I would not have been able to tell you where the pitcher had been broken the repair was that good!  Thank you Shirley, you are a sweet gal.  She also informed me that the pitcher is from England and was made in 1853!!  If anyone ever needs porclean repaired go see Shirley in Pine, AZ at the ice cream shop.  So, I'm home and thought I would catch a dust storm but it's very peaceful here in the Valley of the Sun tonight.  Oh...we did get rain sometime in the night.  No pool tiles cleaned in the last 5 days...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment