Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home again

The month of October flew by.  We did our annual houseboat week at Lake Powell the end of September.  This year we decided to stay an extra two days and it sure made for a more relaxing week.  We had one adventure this year, our houseboat got stuck on the beach and we had to be towed off!  We've been boating at Lake Powell for 15 years and this is the first time we were beached, pretty good for us land lubbers!  Once we returned home, I packed my suitcase and flew to the mid-west.  Fall is my favorite time of year and this year was so pretty.  Some of the leaves had fallen but some of the leaves were just turning.  I made a drive to Ohio to visit my daughter and her family,  had fun w/ the boys.  Took my grandfather to Gays Mills, WI for apples and we had a beautiful day for a drive up the river road along the grand Mississippi.  Stopped for a visit w/ my parents and ended the trip in Cedar Rapids w/ my sister, Lynn.  Got to see lots of friends this visit and had a great time.  Alas, it was time to come home and sleep in my own bed.  Home again, home again...jiggidy jig!

No comments:

Post a Comment